RSPH Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement
This qualification is suitable for those with an interest in the health and wellbeing. It provides an ideal way of equipping individuals with basic health advice and methods of support for use in informing and assisting others. It is especially suitable for the development of Health Champions and can be modified to provide underpinning knowledge for Health and Social Care organisations in Making Every Contact Count (MECC).
- The course content covers the syllabus for this award including
- Definitions of health and dimensions of health
- Health inequalities and their impact
- Communication skills, confidentiality
- Health recommendations, associated benefits and risks of lifestyle behaviour
- Ways to promoting improvements in health
- Common health models and their application
- Understanding the impact of change and audit
This programme is delivered in an interactive style drawing on participant’s life experience.
Assessment of this award is by MCQ, 30 questions in 45 minutes.